The journal appears quarterly.
Updates to the guidelines will appear in a dedicated post on the blog.
- Submitted work must not be published elsewhere unless specifically solicited by us.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but we ask to be informed immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
- Stories should be between 1000 and 4000 words but in special cases, editorial discretion may be applied. Specific issues may be dedicated to shorter or longer forms.
- We cannot accept offensive, excessively violent or sexually explicit writing.
- Please provide a cover letter which includes the following contact information: name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Please provide a brief biographical sketch of no more than 150 words.
- Submissions should be cut and paste into the body of an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should contain the word 'submission' only.
- On acceptance we may ask you to work with us on minor editorial changes.
- Please wait one month after withdrawing or hearing from us before submitting again. If your work has been accepted, we probably won't publish another of your pieces in a consecutive issue.
- Copyright remains with the author. Should your piece be published again, we request the courtesy of an acknowledgement stating that the piece was first published in Out of Print.
- We cannot pay you but continue to seek sponsors who would allow that to be possible. In the mean time we hope you will contribute to one of India's first literary ezines that honours the short story.